What A Day In Indy......





















































































What a day it has been. Mike headed to Harley-Davidson and I headed to breakfast then wash the bike as planned. I rode back to the hotel. Visited for a bit started the bike again and parked it and came up to chill in the room for an hour or so. Then when I went to go get on the bike it started and backed out a bit and then went dead. Not battery dead but whole bike dead. DEAD as a door nail. I took things apart and checked all the fuses in the main box, took the instrument panel off, etc. In the meantime Mike got back and nothing wrong with his bike. So I called the Harley dealer from the number on his receipt, yes they charged him to look at it, but he got a wash out of them. They gave me the number for the local tow guy and said I would have to pay and HOG would reimburse me..... YUCKY


As that was happening, however, the chase team trailers pulled in so I thought....hmmmm They might give me and the bike a lift. AWESOME As I was talking with them, they told me their mechanic was on the way and would be there in an hour or so. Well, of course, I decided to wait. Sure enough he helped me run it down and it was the MAIN 40 amp fuse. Got that fixed right up and I was running and on the way. YEAH Thanks to those guys for sure. Saved me a couple hundred probably. Much of the chase and support group (see rest of the post) is made up from the Converse, Texas post. Connie Wise's, who rides with us a lot, home post. They are awesome. Come to find out too, Connie is home in Texas right now celebrating her birthday. Happy B'day Connie.


Well as I was getting things up and running, our Past Department Commander, Andy, came up to me and talked with me about being part of something special. Seems the Converse post could use some help in the Advance Team as part of the fuel stops. So guess what Andy, I, Mike N, and 3 others from VA will team with the Converse Legion Riders Post to help out. We will be in advance of the whole pack. AWESOME.


In other news Jimbo from Colonial Heights was honored by receiving a thank you for his service in the current operations. (See pic above). Much to the Colonial Heights guys they also had another member ride up and join the run. Bringing their total to 4 riders and one passenger and bring the Virginia total on up as well.

In addition to the mishap today was a bit disappointing. Not a lot happening here. We DID NOT even get to ride the track. :( Lots of speeches and presentations this evening (pics above).


In addition to raising money for a great cause this trip is about fellowship. We met the Legion Riders from the Baltimore County area (Rickerstown?). They will be riding home on 50 and were interested in how our ride went. They also will be joining us for the Virginia Romp. 15 riders from one chapter here in Indy. WOW. Great group of guys and gals!

Up early tomorrow. 0430 is going to come way too quick.


No comments: