On The Way Home......


Many of the NOVA Legion Riders are on the way home. We kind of split up for the trip. Rich C. left Phoenix on Saturday, Mike N. and I left on Sunday. Jon B. shipped his bike home and will ride home with his wife in the car but are visiting family, etc. in the Phoenix area. John S. is staying for the duration of the Convention and will trailer home later in the week.

Mike and my trip is going well. Day one we made it over 400 miles to Las Cruces, NM after a brief visit to THE Tombstone, AZ (pics later). This morning we got up and have made it to Midland, TX. We stopped in El Paso, TX so my bike could visit the place,it called home once, the world famous, Barnett Harley-Davidson. What a shop.....WOW.

The ride has been great. It has been absolutely beautiful. West Texas is HOT, however and it makes riding in the heat of the afternoon TOUGH. The diversity of the geography, people, etc. has been a pure pleasure. Tommorrow, Mike and I will part ways after we get to Abilene as he is going to visit a friend who lives in TX and I am on to Arkansas to visit my family for a day or two before heading home.

The plan now is for me to be home Sunday. Not sure if I will have time to update you all but if I do, I will.

No comments: