Day 1 to Ft. Leonardwood


All arrived safely today in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. Or for those of you in the know .... Fort Lost In The Woods. Feels like home around here. For those that do not know I am originally from this area. Lots of time in St. Louis doing drill, Fort Lost In The Woods, etc. Just a few hours away from N.E. Arkansas where I moved to NOVA from. My parents are 2.5 hours from St. Louis. Must admit I got the chill bumps as we got closer than even more so when the Arch came into view and again when we crossed the Mississippi. Count them now Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and now Missouri. 7 states thus far.

The advance team stuff is a BLAST. We have to leave early but that means we get out in front of everyone, get to the gas stops, and BATHROOMS first, then stop first. Ahead of the pack of 200 that can take an hour to get through the stops, wait in lines, etc. Many of you know that lines are not my thing....LOL

I say we all made it safe. Maybe not sound, though. Rich C. dropped his bike in the gravel at the second gas stop. It is only has a few scratches as does he but he is shaken.

Tonight before writing to you all, I got in the hot tub for about 20 minutes and I feel 110 percent better. Ready for tomorrow.

Sorry no pics today. I left my SD card in the computer last night and although I took a few they, of course, did not save. JJ from Newport News, whom many met at Run To The Thunder, among other places, has a bike mounted cam. Hope to borrow some footage and/or stills from the actual road. I have seen some of the stuff and wow you will love it I assure you.

Up at 0430 again in the morning to do another 300 miles.......... Until tomorrow.

~Doc

P.S. I hear you all had some good turn outs at Sully. GREAT JOB to all.

No comments: